Friday, September 17, 2010

Down 24.5 lbs!

I lost 6.5 more lbs! Or 2.95 kilos! YES!!! That makes my total lost to date: 24.5 lbs or 11.14 kilos.
This is after 7 weeks of eating paleo/primal. An average of 3.5 lbs(1.59kilos) a week. I much prefer pounds. :-)

What I found absolutely amazing about all of this is that I am HARDLY EVER HUNGRY. For realz yo. That is something I never experienced on any other diet or way of eating. I don't even look at it as a diet anymore, but simply more of a lifestyle way of eating. I honestly don't like how I feel if I eat breads, grains, and sugars. They were killing me in more ways than one. I have not felt one ounce of deprivation and can easily pass up sugary snacks and everything else that comes my way. Color me happy!

This weight loss comes after a couple of weeks where I wasn't seeing the scale budge despite sticking to the diet.( I think it was stress) I just started a new job and I was wondering how everything would work out with preparing food for work, stress of a high volume call center, feeling self-concious about eating all this nommy food in front of unbelievers, and simply wondering if I could stick to it. Surprisingly, I had no troubles. I made some great food and stuck to it.

Here's a sample of my weekly menu:

Monday
Breakfast
Coffee with 5 tblspns of pure cream
water w/ vitamins (magnesium, D, Multi, Cod Liver Oil)

Lunch
Ground Beef(mince) casserole( sour cream, cheese, zucchini, tomatoes) (Le Yummy!)
Water
Dinner
Ground Beef casserole again-it was that good.
iced tea( green tea w/ mango flavoring)

Tuesday
Breakfast
Coffee w/5 tblspns cream
Water w/Vitamins
2 pieces of bacon

Lunch
Egg salad with bacon and avocado wrapped in lettuce leaves.
iced tea

Dinner
Steak fried in bacon fat
Broccoli
Iced Tea

Wednesday
Breakfast
Coffee w 5 tblspns cream
Water w/ vitamins

Lunch
Egg salad with bacon and avocado in lettuce leaves
Water
Dinner
Chicken in cream sauce
Zucchini
Whipped cream with blueberries and vanilla(ZOMG!)

Thursday
Breakfast
3 pieces of bacon
2 eggs
water w/ vitamins

Lunch
Chicken and steak pieces with sour cream
Sugar Free lemonade( I know it's not paleo/primal, but it hit the spot)

Snack
Cheese stick
coffee with a bit of whole milk( long day of training)
Dinner
a few bites of chicken. (wasn't very hungry)
water

Friday
Breakfast
Coffee with 5 tblspns of cream
Water w/ vitamins

Lunch
Chicken with sour cream
Water

Dinner
T-Bone steak with a mushroom cream sauce( To die for)
Broccoli
S.F. Lemonade

I know a nutritionist trained in the food pyramid would throw a hissy fit and start head rolling if they saw this menu. But you know what they can't argue? The way I feel. How can extra energy, better sleep, clearer skin, weight loss, and a clearer head be a bad thing?? These are the best benefits! I wasn't getting ANY of that on a conventional diet. None. It's all been a big, fat lie. I know better now.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Dan! I'm pleased as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been Primal for well over a year now and I couldn't imagine any other way of life now. Keep at it! You're doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same as Judith, been primal for long enough that it's just the way I eat now and although I have the occasional non primal food I can't wait to get back to my real food :) Your doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not all nutritionists! I for one am a paleo eater and teacher. I know of one other in New Zealand who has been conventionally trained. The tide will turn one day. Plateaus are normal, the key is sticking to your plan even when the scales don't move, they eventually do again. Well done!

    ReplyDelete